Work @ Zeal
Current Opening: Executive Director
Zeal and its board of directors seek a passionate, collaborative, and visionary Executive Director to build upon the mission of fostering entrepreneurship. This position will serve as the face of Zeal supporting entrepreneurship in Sioux Falls, SD and play an engaging role in moving the entrepreneurial initiatives of the community forward.
Zeal is located in Sioux Falls, SD and is categorized as an entrepreneurship super hub. It is a 45,000-sq. ft. facility that serves as a collaborative resource for early stage companies by providing office space, programming, and direct access to resources including SBA, SBDC, and the Governor’s Office of Economic Development as well as a developing professional partner network.
In collaboration with the president, board of directors, and internal Zeal staff, the successful candidate will play a leading role in building partnerships, marketing, securing funding, and advocating for local entrepreneurship.
The Executive Director will manage a staff of 3 employees in the ongoing creation and delivery of programing and facility management.
Zeal’s Work Includes:
- Collaboration with other organizations: government, non-profit, and private to serve entrepreneurship initiatives, innovation, and investment to maximize Zeal’s value to entrepreneurs.
- Providing a thriving epicenter of entrepreneurship and a pipeline of emerging rapid growth businesses to expand and diversify the local and regional economies.
- Creating sustainable programming that serves all stages of entrepreneurship and promotes resource support.
- Advocating for local economic development through supporting and contributing resources to government, non-profit NGOs, and private economic development entities.
- Facility and grounds management.
The Executive Director’s Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic Direction; working with the president, board of directors, and Zeal team members to establish and execute a long term strategic plan to foster entrepreneurship, collaborate with external resources, and provide sustainability.
- Focusing on promotion and recruitment of supporting resources as well as strategic operations. The Executive Director will drive toward achieving sustainability through seeking innovative partnerships and funding.
- Providing distinctive leadership for Zeal staff and leading initiatives in planning, promoting, and executing Zeal’s mission.
- Overseeing and managing the financial operations of Zeal. The Executive Director will be accountable for budgeting and reporting as well as overseeing the internal financial processes.
Well qualified candidates will have a successful history (3-5 years minimum) in entrepreneurial development, business or non-profit leadership, finance, marketing, economic development or other related fields. A minimum of a 4-year degree is required with additional professional degrees (MBA, MPA, JD) a plus.
Professional Skills & Characteristics:
- Priority on the values of integrity and honesty
- Proven leadership with an emphasis on a developed leadership philosophy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to maintain high visibility within the organization as well as the community
- Developed and proven written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with a board of directors to provide timely, accurate information and ability to provide perspective to support an informed decision-making process
- Willingness to work extended hours and answer occasional after-hours emergencies
Applicants must send cover letter, resume/CV, and two letters of recommendation in PDF format to: email@example.com.
Application review process will begin on November 6, 2017. Zeal offers competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Contribution
2329 N. Career Avenue, Suite# 1
Sioux Falls, SD 57107