Techstars Unsummit Sioux Falls
The Techstars organization has chosen Sioux Falls as one of six North American sites for these newly unveiled events titled Techstars Community Unsummit!
What is this in 3 bullet points?
- An Unsummit is a weekend long event where we bring our community together to foster connection, share learnings, engage in meaningful discussion, and have a bit of fun.
- Unsummits are supported by the Techstars team in conjunction with a local team of community leaders, similar to a Startup Weekend.
- Expect a mix of Techstars content, community-generated content, and a chance to dive deep into what’s happening around the Unsummit location!
Why attend an Unsummit?
- Meet Techstars Community Leaders from across North America
- Network and connect with fellow entrepreneurs and ecosystem developers
- Discover and explore a new community
- Represent your own community
- Share skills with your fellow community leaders i.e. host a CL talk on a topic you love
- Learn new skills from community leaders who are attending
- Have fun with people like you!
$50 to attend the weekend sessions. lunches, snacks, beverages, and entertainment included!
**promo codes for $20 off available. Inquire with an email to email@example.com to request promotion code.
Techstars landing page for the event: events.techstars.com/us-canada-unsummits#rec50710478
Eventbrite page: techstarsunsummitsf.eventbrite.com
5:30pm – Welcome ceremony at Zeal Center for Entrepreneurship, Intros and ice breaker.
6:00pm – Revisionist History of Sioux Falls, “how we got here and future growth”, led by City of Sioux Falls Director of Planning and Development Mike Cooper.
7:30pm – Entertainment and beverages at White Walls Sessions
9:00am – Saturday checkin, coffee, light breakfast
9:30am – Jodi Schwan of SiouxFalls.Business led discussion
10:30am – Mini-hackathon session on a series of projects looking to improve the community
Noon – Lunch from Sanaa’s
1:00pm – Techstars curated programs starting with how to CORRECTLY execute a Startup Week.
2:30pm – Attendee submitted content: Erica Kale- “Startup Digest success, how to make it work for your city.”
3:00pm – Attendee submitted content: Amy Gehling- “Every organization needs a clear explanation of who they are and what they do, a foundation of understanding in the team and with customers”
4:00pm – 1 more open slot of attendee proposed activity/programming To-Be-Determined (can submit in proposals)
6:00pm – group outing to DTSF Riverfest!
9:00am Queen City Bakery for coffee and homemade quiche
Video from Brad Feld, Techstars co-founder:
We believe in the #givefirst mentality and are proud to have Techstars in Sioux Falls!